Coon Bros. Sand & Gravel was started in the late 1940’s and incorporated in 1955 in Gravenhurst by Arthur, Ralph and Jack Coon. The company has evolved from its early roots of building cottage roads, digging foundations, installing septic systems and delivering aggregates.  In the early years, most of this work, including loading the trucks was completed with a strong back and a hand shovel.

Coon Bros. was purchased by Phil Williams in 1987.  The name was changed to Coon Bros. Sand & Gravel (1988) Limited.  The company became known for its aggregate production supply, snowplowing, septic system installations, residential and commercial site work, water and sewer work. Today the company is involved in full subdivision work involving municipal water, sewer and road work. 

Coon Bros. is involved in many areas supporting our Muskoka Parry Sound community.